blacklist actions

Jason Burzenski jburzenski at AMERICANHM.COM
Mon Sep 29 16:19:31 IST 2003

Does anyone know how to change the default behavior of my blacklist to
consider messages that match my spam.blacklist.rules as high scoring spam
instead of spam?

My spam action is deliver (with modified subject) which allows me to score
aggressively for this category because the user gets the message and can
review it (or have it sent to a spam folder based on {Spam?} subject).  My
high scoring spam action is set to store so users never see these but I can
retrieve them if need be.  I am now beginning to build an extensive
blacklist and would rather these messages be considered high scoring spam
than spam.

# Spam Blacklist:
# Make this point to a ruleset, and anything in that ruleset whose value
# is "yes" will *always* be marked as spam.
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Is Definitely Spam = %rules-dir%/spam.blacklist.rules

I looked through the docs and read there are ways to set a blacklist action
in spamassassin but would rather keep this as a function of mailscanner.

Perhaps a new feature could be to create a new directive such as:
Is Definitely High Scoring Spam = %rules-dir%/spam.superblacklist.rules

Thanks,

Jason Burzenski