Quick question about 'All-Viruses' tag

Mike Brudenell pmb1 at YORK.AC.UK
Mon Sep 29 14:29:31 IST 2003

Greetings -

A very quick'n'easy question about the 'All-Viruses' tag to the 'Silent
Viruses' directive; for example:

    Silent Viruses = HTML-IFrame All-Viruses

Does this identify *all* viruses as being silent, as in:
 1. Don't notify the sender, and
 2. Don't deliver (assuming 'Still Deliver Silent Viruses = no')

Or does it just never notify the sender but still deliver attachments
cleaned of viruses to the intended recipient?

Basically I think I'm after this sort of setup:
 1. Never notify the sender when a virus-infected message is found;
 2. Where possible clean and deliver the attachment, otherwise silently
    bin it.

I'm not clear whether the above 'Silent Viruses' line implements this?
If not, how is it done?
(And is it actually a sensible policy to use?)

With many thanks,

Mike Brudenell

--
The Computing Service, University of York, Heslington, York Yo10 5DD, UK
Tel:+44-1904-433811  FAX:+44-1904-433740

* Unsolicited commercial e-mail is NOT welcome at this e-mail address. *