Two MailScanner boxes

Chris Lyon cslyon at NETSVCS.COM
Sat Sep 27 23:47:20 IST 2003

I would like to run two mailscanner boxes for our incoming mail. Currently
we just have one MailScanner box forwarding messages to a M$ exchange box.
We would like to put a second one for redundancy and create two MX records
with the same preference. I am sure this isn’t a big deal but the question
that I have is, how to sync the confs, rules and other files between the
boxes? Does anybody have a script for this already? Does anybody see any
other issues with doing this configuration?

Also, a side note question since I am asking, there is a document on how to
deal with different rules for different domains? So, example, sales.com has
one set of rules, scores...etc and techy.com has another set of rules. We
apparently are being two aggressive with our rules and are upsetting our
sales team.