MailScanner Process Overview Diagram (second draft)

S Mohan smohan at VSNL.COM
Sat Sep 27 05:58:49 IST 2003

Suggestions:
1. Incorporate rule engine interaction as a vertical component filter to
virus scanners/ header processing etc.
2. Archive mail option placement.

Regards
Mohan
-----Original Message-----
Of Jason Burzenski
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 8:27 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: MailScanner Process Overview Diagram (second draft)

All,
I've attached the second version of the mailscanner process overview diagram
for scrutiny.  Once again, I apologize for the (larger) attachment but I
currently have no other means of distributing this file and would like
additional feedback from the entire list.
The goal of this diagram is to be technically accurate, complete, and
compatible with multiple configurations (but perhaps not all).  If you have
any suggestions for bringing the diagram closer to these goals, I would love
to hear them.
The new version incorporates several of the great ideas discussed in
previous on-list and in off-list messages (thanks everyone!) but seems to be
looking more cluttered than I would like.  If you have any ideas for
'cleaning it up' please let me know.
Thanks!
Jason Burzenski