Revised MajorSophos available

Mike Brudenell pmb1 at YORK.AC.UK
Fri Sep 26 18:19:29 IST 2003

Greetings -

--On Thursday, September 25, 2003 5:55 pm -0700 Mark Nienberg
<imark at TIPPINGMAR.COM> wrote:

> Julian has informed me that the latest version of MailScanner (or perhaps
> he meant the next version?) has a revised sophos-wrapper script that
> needs an extra command line argument to specify the directory in which
> Sophos is installed. Accordingly, the method used by MajorSophos to
> determine the currently installed version of Sophos will fail.  I don't
> think this will prevent the download and installation of Sophos, but I
> don't have the latest version of MailScanner installed so I can't test it
> to be sure.

I believe there is a small but critical typo in the new version of
MajorSophos.  The line which reads

    printout `$SWEEP $SOPHDIR -v | egrep 'Product|Released'`

should instead read

    printout `$SWEEP $SOPHOSDIR -v | egrep 'Product|Released'`

Without this change the sophos-wrapper script will not be happy (it assumes
that the first argument will be the name of a Sophos installation other
than the default of /usr/local).

Cheers,

Mike Brudenell

--
The Computing Service, University of York, Heslington, York Yo10 5DD, UK
Tel:+44-1904-433811  FAX:+44-1904-433740

* Unsolicited commercial e-mail is NOT welcome at this e-mail address. *