SpamAssassin 2.60

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Fri Sep 26 18:22:48 IST 2003

> If you are a MailScanner user, you may need to specify your preferences
> file like so:
>
> Sa-learn --p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --import
> (this is particularly true if you changed the default path of your bayes
> database to something like /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes)
>
> Also, as I understand it, if you were already using the perl DB_File
> module, you don't need to run sa-learn --import. A simple sa-learn
> --rebuild before and after the upgrade will do the trick.
>
> See this link for more information:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.spam.spamassassin.announce/8
>
> Nathan

I use RH 9 and successfully completed the upgrade a few days ago using the
tar file for SA 2.60.  I was already using the DB_File and didn't even try
the sa-learn --import command.

I did run "sa-learn --rebuild" which did it's thing happily.  Don't forget
to run the razor patch if you have razor installed or the new SA won't use
it.

Gerry