SpamAssassin 2.60

Nathan Johanson nathan at TCPNETWORKS.NET
Fri Sep 26 18:07:38 IST 2003

If you are a MailScanner user, you may need to specify your preferences
file like so:

Sa-learn --p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --import
(this is particularly true if you changed the default path of your bayes
database to something like /var/spool/spamassassin/bayes)

Also, as I understand it, if you were already using the perl DB_File
module, you don't need to run sa-learn --import. A simple sa-learn
--rebuild before and after the upgrade will do the trick.

See this link for more information:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.spam.spamassassin.announce/8

Nathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Cameron Showalter [mailto:cameron at GWSCHOOL.COM]
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 8:53 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: SpamAssassin 2.60

After installing SA 2.60 from MCPAN, I performed the sa-learn --import
and recieved the following error:

import failed, original files saved with "old" prefix

tried it once more and got:

bayes upgrade_old_dbm_files: unable to find bayes_toks and bayes_seen,
stopping

the system is RH7.3, perl 5.8.0, perl-DB_File-1.75-36.