debug mailwatch 0.3 setup? {Scanned by HJMS}

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Fri Sep 26 18:12:28 IST 2003

> Yup, followed those, near as I can tell, but to no avail.  I get a
prompt
> for a username and password from my browser, but the credentials are not
accepted.  Just got back from two days out, I'll dig in the code and maybe
> that'll help me spot what I'm missing.
>
>> I guess you've added in index.php to the apache http.conf file on the
DirectoryIndex section?

> There is no index.php in the 0.3 version of MailWatch.  I recall Steve
mentioning in an email to the list that the symlink for it was
> accidentally
> left out but I can't find the message in the archives.  What file does
index.php symlink to in your MailWatch install?

> -t.

First, I had problems getting access too.  I had set up my apache server
to use password access.  I ended up having to make the password for
MailWatch the same as the apache password.  I couldn't find any other way
to make it work.  I'd get the pop up dialogue box but it wouldn't allow me
in no matter what I typed.

Second, try this...

> 1) This is an error on my part when I did the export from CVS and created
> the package - status.php should be a link to index.php.
> You can create this by doing: ln -s status.php index.php from the
> mailscanner directory.

Gerry