Problem after upgrading SA to 2.60

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Thu Sep 25 20:58:07 IST 2003

> Install SpamAssassin either from source or from CPAN. Do not use their
> RPMs, there are nasty reasons why they are bound to never work for a large
> percentage of people.

I have been installing SpamAssassin from CPAN for the last couple of
releases.  Although I have never had any serious problems I haven't been
able to get the detailed scoring to add up.  The totals have looked
correct but some of the individual test scores have been obviously wrong.
This wasn't a big item but it was irritating.

I installed SA 2.60 and for the first time used the tar file.  Now the
detailed scoring is correct and the totals add up????  In fact, everything
is working just fine.

I think for now on I'm going to stick with the tar files.

Gerry