CLAMAV and Internet LOGGER

Kham Vue kvue at WADSNET.COM
Wed Sep 24 19:30:08 IST 2003

I have a RAQ3 with RAQ4 OS.

I installed MS, SA and CLAMAV and now my internal logger does not work.

/root # freshclam -l clam-update.log
ERROR: LOGGER: Can't open file clam-update.log to write.
ERROR: Problem with internal logger.

/root # /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start
Setting up PostgreSQL: bash: /var/log/postgresql: Permission denied
failed!

It's not the permission.  I recreated and give everyone and everything full
access and still can't do.  I tried a different path.  Everything was fine
until I installed CLAMAV, MS and SA (SPAMASSASSIN) and perl modules.  CLAMAV
use syslog?

Anyone any clues?