Deny only a few local users

Wed Sep 24 16:03:07 IST 2003

On Wednesday 24 September 2003 3:46 pm, Ugo Bellavance wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         I have MS in front of an Exchange 2000 server.  I want to reduce
> the load on the Exchange server by blocking messages addressed to
> ex-employees and a few other usernames, like sales at .  However, I don't want
> to treat these messages as spam, but instead simply delete them.
>
>         Is there a simple way to do that?

In virtusertable (I think you use sendmail on your MS box, don't you?) put:

exemployee at company.com  error:nouser    No such user

The "error:nouser" must be exactly as shown, however you can put whatever you
like in place of "No such user" (eg perhaps "This person has left" or "This
mailbox is no longer active") and this is the error message which will be
bounced back to the sender.

Antony.

--

If books were designed by Microsoft, the Anarchist's Cookbook would explode
when you read it.

 - Mark W Schumann