Message Flow Diagram

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Wed Sep 24 14:34:29 IST 2003

It's very nice.

I would amend it slightly, as the current version does not include the
message changes made by the virus filtering (or maybe I'm mis-reading it)
Also the final step could/should read "identified as virus/spam free"

Mr. Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions
http://www.blacknightsolutions.ie/
Probably the cheapest ie's in Ireland
Tel. +353 (0)59 9139897
Fax. +353 (0)59 9139897

  _____

Of Jason Burzenski
Sent: 24 September 2003 14:18
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Message Flow Diagram

All,

I've attached a message flow diagram (originally created in visio) detailing
how the various processes interact on a typical
sendmail/mailscanner/spamassassin box.  This document was originally created
to provide management and other technicians with a means of visualizing the
message flow through the system.

I would like to improve on this document by presenting it to the group for
review.  Feel free to reproduce this document for your own purposes if you
can benefit from it.  If you want a copy of the original Visio diagram, send
me an email.

Jason

(I hope there is no rule against attachments for this list...  If there is,
I apologize.)

reliance to it is prohibited.