update_virus_scanners

Daniel Bird dbird at SGHMS.AC.UK
Wed Sep 24 03:00:13 IST 2003

I seem to be having a problem with update_virus_scanners

On one box, when I run it, it finds mcafee and f-prot installed but not
trend (even though they all are).
On another, it find none of them installed. (which I presume would also
explain why I've not seen it detect a virus since I installed it yesterday?)
On another, it finds all of them installed.

Now, I've copied the virus.scanners.conf file from the one that works to
both of these via sftp just in case I made any typo's when changing the
paths but that make no difference.

mcafee is installed in /usr/local/uvscan
f-prot is installed in /usr/local/f-prot
trend is installed in /opt/trend/ISBASE/Iscan.BASE
and I've checked all the paths are correct

Any guidance anyone (Julian?)

Regards
Dan