A little help please ;)

Andre Cameron acameron at CYBERGNOSTIC.COM
Tue Sep 23 22:50:48 IST 2003

Hello,

Ok I setup a clean RH8 box as a mail relay running sendmail, f-prot, and
mailscanner.  As this is a relay box it has no users and all mail is
simply scanned and sent off to another box for delivery using the
sendmail mailertable.  Outgoing mail is sent out by using LDAP
authentication against our LDAP server as again there are no local users.

Everything is up and working 100% except for one little snag.  I sent a
test virus in which mailscanner and f-prot found and cleaned but after
it tried to deliver the mail locally instead of mailing out according to
the mailertable, and since there is no local user it errord and said
user not found and simply bounced back.

This is the ONLY problem I am having and if I can correct it we will
implement this server.  Anyone else had this problem and or is it a bug?

Regards,
Andre Cameron