SA 2.60 oddity

Benny Pedersen xpoint at JUNC.ORG
Tue Sep 23 21:16:30 IST 2003

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 21:58, Denis Beauchemin wrote:
> I just upgraded my 2 servers to SA 2.60 and one of them stopped scoring
> emails with BAYES_?? while the other is running just fine...

you remembered to sa-learn --rebuild

?

> When I run spamassassin --lint -D I get
> debug: bayes: 28496 tie-ing to DB file R/O /root/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
> debug: bayes: 28496 tie-ing to DB file R/O /root/.spamassassin/bayes_seen
> debug: bayes: found bayes db version 2
> debug: bayes: Not available for scanning, only 122 spam(s) in Bayes DB < 200

the bayes maybe was corrupt or in a non db_file format ?

if i was the owner of this 2 servers i have deleted the bayes and let it learn from new spams :-)

it properly not takes long before there is over 200 learned :(

> The files are the right ones and their timestamps indicate that SA is
> using them through MS...

good, it have not being any problem here aswell

> I just found out that the bayes_journal file is missing... quite
> strange...

nope, sa auto rebuilds when there is journal data enogh to make into the bayes

> I guess I will wait after the 200 spam messages for Bayes to kick in

yep this is safe

> (would it be safe to restore the bayes_journal file from last night's
> backup?)

newer do this