SA 2.60 oddity

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Tue Sep 23 20:58:34 IST 2003

Hi,

I just upgraded my 2 servers to SA 2.60 and one of them stopped scoring
emails with BAYES_?? while the other is running just fine...

When I run spamassassin --lint -D I get
debug: bayes: 28496 tie-ing to DB file R/O /root/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
debug: bayes: 28496 tie-ing to DB file R/O /root/.spamassassin/bayes_seen
debug: bayes: found bayes db version 2
debug: bayes: Not available for scanning, only 122 spam(s) in Bayes DB < 200

The files are the right ones and their timestamps indicate that SA is
using them through MS...

I just found out that the bayes_journal file is missing... quite
strange...

I guess I will wait after the 200 spam messages for Bayes to kick in
(would it be safe to restore the bayes_journal file from last night's
backup?)

Denis
--
Denis Beauchemin, analyste