Verisign bogosity {Scanned by HJMS}

Stephen Swaney Steve.Swaney at FSL.com
Thu Sep 18 00:16:11 IST 2003

A simple answer. I am a VeriSign premium support customer and I just
dropped them the note below. If enough of us do the same - who knows?

A more scary and sobering though - maybe all my domains will just
disappear!

A short note to VeriSign:

As a result of VeriSign's recent DNS policy changes I will moving all of
my domains from VeriSign as soon as they expire, Maybe sooner.

Steve Swaney
Steve at Swaney.com
Phone: 202 352-3262
Fax:     202 352-3262

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 14:42, Antony Stone wrote:

> On Tuesday 16 September 2003 7:14 pm, Michele Neylon:: Blacknight Solutions
> wrote:
>
> > http://www.iab.org/Documents/icann-vgrs-response.html
>
> "To restore the data integrity and predictability of the DNS infrastructure,
> the Internet Architecture Board believes it would be best to return the com
> and .net Top Level Domain servers to the behavior specified by the DNS
> protocols. VeriSign should, of course, be free to continue to distribute its
> plug-in in other ways, and we hope with them that the deployment of
> Interationalised Domain Name-capable systems is as rapid as possible."
>
> Good news.
>
> Antony.
>
> --
>
> This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above
> and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable
> for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour, or
> irrational religious beliefs.
>
> If you have received this email in error, you are required to shred it
> immediately, add some nutmeg, three egg whites and a dessertspoonful of
> caster sugar.   Whisk until soft peaks form, then place in a warm oven for 40
> minutes.   Remove promptly and let stand for 2 hours before adding some
> decorative kiwi fruit and cream.   Then notify me immediately by return email
> and eat the original message.

Stephen Swaney
President
Fortress Systems, Ltd.
www.FSL.com
Steve.Swaney at FSL.com

and dangerous content by MailScanner and Sophos Anti-Virus at
Fortress Systems.com and is believed to be clean.
--
Postmaster at FSL.com
Fortress Systems, Ltd.