Verisign idiocy confusion

Ulysees Ulysees at ULYSEES.COM
Wed Sep 17 21:50:17 IST 2003

In a word yes
as well as the sitefinder url there is a smtp server listening for all non
existant domains
this has caused a lot of spam checks to become useless as now every forged
domain resolves and there is a server listening on the other end.
While the server is currently rejecting mails the potential there for abuse
is huge
what stops them changing their policy in the morning and accepting that mail
?

It's also rumoured that they have hired a company called Omniture to collect
information and profile all users that hit sitefinder.

Uly