Verisign idiocy confusion {Scanned by HJMS}

Dan Farmer dan.farmer at PHONEDIR.COM
Thu Sep 18 00:01:52 IST 2003

It's a sendmail thing, and I think the default behavior is to not allow
unresolvable domains.

Look for the rule SLocal_check_mail in your sendmail.cf file.

If it's properly working you should see lines like this in your log
files: (grep for check_mail or 553 5.1.8)

Sep 14 22:06:58 ocs2 sendmail[27101]: h8F46ws27101: ruleset=check_mail,
arg1=<rsstftrnes at rb194cc.com>, relay=verticalsmile.verticalsmiles.net
[216.15.169.214] (may be forged), reject=553 5.1.8
<rsstftrnes at rb194cc.com>... Domain of sender address
rsstftrnes at rb194cc.com does not exist

dan