eTrust Virus Scanner

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Sep 16 20:31:05 IST 2003

At 19:51 16/09/2003, you wrote:
> >And Learning Perl, 3rd Edition; Randal L. Schwartz, et al,
>
>I found that a good tutorial, but I don't like it much as a reference
>book.  Programming Perl by Wall, Christiansen and Orwant (also O'Reilly)
>is a good accompaniment.  I'd be interested in hearing Julians view on
>good perl books [maybe he should write one!]

I use Perl In A Nutshell and Programming Perl. The Nutshell book is very
good as a reference text, dead easy to find everything. And Programming for
more in-depth discussions of language usage.

You can get them both as part of the Perl CD Bookshelf which is a good
deal. It includes a master index covering all 7 books in the Bookshelf set.
And it's only about 140Mb of HTML which means you can easily keep it with you.
--
Julian Field