Mail Routing Issues {Scanned by HJMS}

Tue Sep 16 16:23:57 IST 2003

On Tuesday 16 September 2003 4:08 pm, Furnish, Trever G wrote:

> > From: Antony Stone
> >
> > Unless you are particularly paranoid about telling this list what your
> > domains are, maybe post the real names for a, b and c and we
> > can do a bit of
> > DNS lookup ourselves to see if it looks like there's a
> > problem somewhere?
>
> I think you may be missing what he wants to do - what he wants is to route
> mail without using DNS ***AT ALL***, via the mailertable, essentially
> overriding DNS.  Thus he doesn't want the "real" information for a, b, and
> c to have any impact on his email routing.

Oh, right, yes.   In that case you are correct, I misunderstood what the
problem was.

> But that hopefully helpful statement is my sole contribution since I don't
> remember how the mailertable even is supposed to work. :-)

Er, me too.   I usually deal with this sort of situation with a local or
split DNS server handing MX records to the mail server.

Regards,

Antony.

--

If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it,
we'd be so simple that we couldn't.