mailscanner shutdown

Tue Sep 16 16:37:26 IST 2003

On Tuesday 16 September 2003 4:26 pm, Ulysees wrote:

> > On Tuesday 16 September 2003 1:21 pm, Ulysees wrote:
> > > is there any cleaner way of causing mailscanner to shutdown ?
> >
> > Cleaner than what?
>
> /etc/init.d/Mailscanner stop
>
> > Are you talking about shutting down MailScanner or your MTA?
> > MailScanner does not accept connections at all, so if you're shutting
> > down MS, this is not an issue.
>
> When Mailscanner shuts down it calls the MTAs to shut down

Ah.   In that case you've obviously got a different setup from me, since I
control MailScanner independently of the two sendmail instances.

I suspect you're using perhaps RedHat, judging by the /etc/init.d command you
gave above - perhaps someone else using a similar system can help here?

Regards,

Antony.

--

Normal people think "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Engineers think "if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet".