Zip files

Mon Sep 15 12:48:32 IST 2003

On Monday 15 September 2003 12:30 pm, Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > I looked through the list archive and I found that MailScanner doesn't go
> > into .zip files.
> >
> > Is it still the case?
> >
> > I sent myself a test containing a .zip file with a .exe file into and
> > it passed through.  So I guess the answer is yes.  However, is there a
> > way to make it go through the .zip file?
>
> What exactly do you want to do ? Your scanner takes care of this, and the
> filename template even suggests putting files into a .zip, its ment to be
> like this :)

Indeed.

Ugo, try putting Eicar.com into a zip file (you can put that inside a gzip
file, inside a bzip2 file, inside another zip file..... etc if you want) and
emailing it to yourself.   Your antivirus system should detect the Eicar
inside all the zips.

Regards,

Antony.

--

It's vital to remember who you really are.   It's very important.   It isn't
a good idea to rely on other people or things to do it for, you see.   They

 - Terry Pratchett, Sourcery