POP3 scanning?

Mon Sep 15 03:28:14 IST 2003

On Monday 15 September 2003 3:23 am, S Mohan wrote:

> One such proxy exists in sourceforge called emailproxy which is a POP3 and
> SMTP proxy. It has the capability to pipe either incoming "popped" mail or
> outgoing smtp thro' a commandline program - either a scanner or any other
> program. However, here I guess Mailscanner will be invoked for every mail
> as an instance. DO not know if it would be efficient.

It is not the piping I have the problem with.

The question is whether MailScanner can process the file format, since the
scanned mails won't be queue files from some standard MTA such as sendmail or
exim - they'll be mbox files.

Thanks to everyone who is suggesting various proxy programs, but this really
is a MailScanner question I'm asking here :)

Antony.

--

Having been asked to provide a reference for this man,
I can confidently state that you will be very lucky indeed