Virus checker recommendations for Windows 2000 Server?

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Sun Sep 14 22:00:11 IST 2003

With the entreprise edition, you get "symantec antivirus for smtp gateways" and "symantec security for web gateways".  Probably worth a try.  We have the licence, but only use regular anti-virus on our clients and anti-virus for Exchange and file server.  I decided to use Mailscanner and ClamAV in front of exchange, though.

-----Original Message-----
From:   Tunc Eresen(?`..,,.->  Cobalt   M447785363481  [mailto:tunceresen at ERESEN.COM]
Sent:   Sun 9/14/2003 12:46 PM
To:     MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject:        Re: Virus checker recommendations for Windows 2000 Server?
-----Original Message-----
Damien McKenna
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2003 4:59 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK

I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for a virus checker/cleaner that
will work with Windows 2000 Server?  I don't want anything overly fancy, the
server doesn't run email or anything other than file sharing and user logins.
I don't want to spend very much, if anything at all.  I'd be quite happy with a
small, yet reliable checker that was basically the same as the normal
workstation checkers, but none of them seem to support Windows 2000 Server.
Any help would be appreciated.
--
Damien McKenna  damien at mc-kenna.com  http://mc-kenna.com/

try Symantec Norton Corporate 8.1 server version

Best Regards

O. TUNC ERESEN

 ISP & Security Consultant

Mobile: (44)07785 363 481

17 OAK ROAD, BRACKLEY, NORTHANTS, UK, NN13 6ER

tunceresen at eresen.com

www.findmenet.com