Fwd: RE: Dealing with MailScanner overloads

Sun Sep 14 10:30:09 IST 2003

Hi!

> What do you all think of this suggestion? Any ideas for improvements or
> useful ways to implement it?
>
> 'm thinking along the lines of adding entries to the sendmail access db. I
> can't remember if I need to restart sendmail after changing the access db,
> but a way of avoiding having to do that would be good.

You dont need to restart sendmail, a make in the /etc/mail dir should
do... It will produce the db file thats needed...

It would be cool to auto block if someone sends for example above a
threshold. 5 ? But then some actions must be done, at least in my case. :)
For example, 'mail the abuse team' so we know a customer is blocked...

Bye,
Raymond.