Spamassasin scanning sporadically, please help.

Fri Sep 12 17:53:19 IST 2003

On Friday 12 September 2003 5:36 pm, Juan C. Quesada wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have customized rules like this one on my
> spam.assassin.prefs file:
>
> header    FOUL_WORD  Subject =~ /\bfoulword\b/i
> body      FOUL_WORD  /\bfoulword\b/i
> score     FOUL_WORD  100.0
>
> header    THE_FWORD  Subject =~ /fword/i
> body      THE_FWORD  /fword/i
> score     THE_FWORD  100.0
>
> I have done email tests from the outside and spam
> assasin will catch them most of the time, but
> sometimes they leak through and are marked as "not
> spam, spamassasin".
>
> In other words, the email is scanned for spam and
> scored, but it missed the rules above.

Do you mean that exactly the same email is sometimes caught, and sometimes
not, or do you mean that some emails are caught and others aren't?

If the latter, what is the difference between the ones which are caught and
the ones which are not?

How large are the emails you are trying to scan?   What version of
MailScanner are you using?

Antony.

--

Having been asked to provide a reference for this man,
I can confidently state that you will be very lucky indeed