MailScanner vs Sobig-f: Job well done!

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Fri Sep 12 15:52:27 IST 2003

Julian,

  In the lifetime of Sobig-F, we killed slightly more the 120K
Sobigs with MailScanner.  Even with students returning from
off-campus with their computers during this time period, we had
exactly ONE (1) Sobig-F infected computer on-campus during the
virus lifetime.  With MailScanner, I could quickly spot the culprit
and remove from the network.  I consider the protection provided
by MailScanner (and sophossavi and clam) to be outstanding, during
the worst virus outbreak in history.  Great Job!

--- Jeff Earickson
    Colby College