eTrust Virus Scanner

Daniel D. Reid ddreid at PILOTCAT.COM
Fri Sep 12 01:02:55 IST 2003

>------------------------------
>
>Date:    Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:54:14 +0100
>From:    Kyle Harris <lists at TRCINTL.COM>
>Subject: eTrust Virus Scanner
>
><snip>
>I get any upgrades that may come out for three years and all virus
>signature updates for life.  Plus I believe Julian just added support for
>this product to MailScanner.  Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!  I'm am
>curious if anyone has any bad expierences with this software.

As we use eTrust corporate wide, this was the option I took.  So far, it has
worked well for us.  The install is easy and MailScanner takes care of
automating the signature updates.

The only thing to be aware of is that unless you have Apache and some other
components installed, eTrust's install script might complain.  You don't
have to have them installed to use just the command line scanner which is
all that MailScanner needs but it is needed if you want to take advantage of
eTrust's real-time monitoring features.  Real-time monitoring also requires
a kernel rebuild.

Anyway that me two cents worth,

Daniel D. Reid
MIS Technical Administrator