OT: Sobig EOL ?

David Hooton david at PLATFORMHOSTING.COM
Thu Sep 11 14:35:25 IST 2003

We are barely seeing any Sobig traffic.

Our last one was 16 hours ago.  Now we're seeing more Klez than ever
before however?!
--
Regards,

David Hooton
Senior Partner
Platform Hosting
1300 85 HOST
www.platformhosting.com

Antony Stone wrote:

> On Wednesday 10 September 2003 3:23 pm, Kim Schulz wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:14:09 -0400 Matthew Bowman wrote:
>>

>>>Sobig.F end of life is/was today?
>>>
>>>I've seen a massive reduction in sobig.f detections which is a good
>>>thing. Anyone else seeing that too?
>>
>>yes it is supposed to die today. Lets see if it actually happens.
>

> Well, I must say I'm not seeing any great reduction in them yet :(
>
> I run a lightly loaded mail server handling several domains, but one of those
> domains in particular has been getting very heavily hit by Sobig since it
> first started.
>
> I've seen a gradual reduction over the past couple of weeks, presumably as
> people have cleaned their machines up, but I've seen no great decrease over
> the past 24-48 hours.   Still getting something like 500 a day (which,
> thankfully, is 10% of what it was when it first started).
>
> I would speculate that the idiots who still have Sobig on their machines may
> have the clock set to the wrong date, except that Sobig sets the clock right
> for them....
>
> Oh well,
>
> Antony.
>
> --
>
> If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.

   This message has been scanned for spam & viruses by Mail Security.

   To report SPAM forward the message to:    spam at mailsecurity.net.au
   Report incorrectly tagged messages to: notspam at mailsecurity.net.au

   Mail Security                              www.mailsecurity.net.au