OT: Sobig EOL ?

Thu Sep 11 10:30:28 IST 2003

On Wednesday 10 September 2003 3:23 pm, Kim Schulz wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:14:09 -0400 Matthew Bowman wrote:
>
> > Sobig.F end of life is/was today?
> >
> > I've seen a massive reduction in sobig.f detections which is a good
> > thing. Anyone else seeing that too?
>
> yes it is supposed to die today. Lets see if it actually happens.

Well, I must say I'm not seeing any great reduction in them yet :(

I run a lightly loaded mail server handling several domains, but one of those
domains in particular has been getting very heavily hit by Sobig since it
first started.

I've seen a gradual reduction over the past couple of weeks, presumably as
people have cleaned their machines up, but I've seen no great decrease over
the past 24-48 hours.   Still getting something like 500 a day (which,
thankfully, is 10% of what it was when it first started).

I would speculate that the idiots who still have Sobig on their machines may
have the clock set to the wrong date, except that Sobig sets the clock right
for them....

Oh well,

Antony.

--

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.