[Fwd: mysql logging issues]

Brent Addis brent.addis at ROAMAD.COM
Thu Sep 11 04:27:05 IST 2003

Hey there.

Im new to the list, and had a quick look through the archives and couldnt
find much on it.
Im having a few problems getting mailscanner logging to an sql database.

for some reason mailscanner inists on putting NULL into mysql rather than
what the results should have been.
IE:

                    155 Query       INSERT INTO maillog_mail (time,
                    msg_id, size, from_user, from_domain, subject,
                    clientip, archives, isspam, ishighspam, sascore,
                    spamreport) VALUES
('NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL')                    156 Query       INSERT INTO maillog_mail (time,
                    msg_id, size, from_user, from_domain, subject,
                    clientip, archives, isspam, ishighspam, sascore,
                    spamreport) VALUES
('NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL')                    155 Quit
                    156 Quit
                    157 Query       INSERT INTO maillog_mail (time,
                    msg_id, size, from_user, from_domain, subject,
                    clientip, archives, isspam, ishighspam, sascore,
                    spamreport) VALUES
('NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL','NULL')                    157 Quit

mysql> SELECT time, msg_id, size, from_user, from_domain FROM
maillog_mail;
+----------------+--------+------+-----------+-------------+
| time           | msg_id | size | from_user | from_domain |
+----------------+--------+------+-----------+-------------+
| 00000000000000 | NULL   |    0 | NULL      | NULL        |
+----------------+--------+------+-----------+-------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I am using version 4.23-11.

To create the tables I used a slightly modified version of what comes
with mailscanner in the readme-sql. I had to remove the binary part from
the msg_id lines as it would not work. I dont see that causing the
current problems I am seeing however. Everything else was followed as
per.

I also had to alter the CustomConfig.pm, as it had the wrong ip address
entered, and also needed a password:
<snip>
use DBI;
<snip>
# Create database connection
  my($dbh);
  $dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:mailscanner:localhost",
                      "mailscanner", "password",
                      {'PrintError' => 0})

<snip>

Is there somewhere I have to actually speicify what to log? I have unyet
been able to find out exactly what it requires.
Any help would be appeciated.

Thanks.

--
Brent Addis