MS 4.23-11: buglet in update_virus_scanners

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Wed Sep 10 22:06:59 IST 2003

Fixed the grep thing but had another small problem with the update
script. I got an error from the F-secure test. It correctly identified
only Clam being installed but it erred on F-secure. I did some tests and
found this line to be at fault (however I don't know why):

     if ${WRAPPER} "${PACKAGEDIR}" -IsItInstalled

I removed the F-secure line from the virus list and all was well. I
don't see why the F-secure line was any different. Anyone else having this?

/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, MailScanner 4.23-11, SpamAssassin 2.55, ClamAV
20030829

 >At 13:56 08/09/2003, you wrote:
 >>Julian,
 >>    I just upgraded from 4.22-5 to 4.23-11, and update_virus_scanners
 >>gagged the first time cron ran it on my Solaris 9 box.  It turns out
 >>the /usr/bin/grep on Sun does not support the "-e" option, while
 >>GNU grep (/usr/local/bin on my box) or /usr/xpg4/bin/grep does.
 >>So I had to tweak my copy to use GNU grep.  I don't how you want to
 >>fix this for all permutations of grep.  What a pain.
 >
 >It seems to be just a Solaris problem at the moment, I have already
 >added a
 >bit extra to the script so that it puts /usr/xpg4/bin (or is it
 >/usr/bin/xpg4) in the path before /usr/bin so that the correct version >of
 >grep is found. You don't need the GNU version, the xpg4 version is
just >fine.