Error in Anti-Virus Software Recognition?

Evert Ford richard_cipher at YAHOO.COM
Wed Sep 10 18:01:11 IST 2003

> /usr/bin/pavcl
> /usr/local/bd7/shared/bdc
> /usr/local/bin/clamscan
> /usr/local/f-prot/f-prot
> /usr/local/rav8/bin/ravav
>
> I know it seems unlikely you'd have software you didn't know
> about, but the
> autoupdate script works by checking to see if the A-V executable
> exists and
> is executable, and if it finds it, attempts an update.   I'd start by
> checking your machine to see if it's really finding something.
>
> Antony.

clamscan and f-prot are there, but the others aren't....I expected that,
since I installed clamav and f-prot on this system.
as well as checking those locations, i did a 'find / -type f -name
executable_name -print' for each of those files to make sure they weren't
living somewhere else on my system, and they weren't.

This isn't a huge issue for me because MailScanner is working perfectly
otherwise, i just wonder why MailScanner thinks its updating virus scanners
that aren't installed?

Regards,

Evert Ford
Westone Laboratories