Real Expectations..

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Tue Sep 9 20:50:45 IST 2003

You know, I've never checked that. Vmstat should tell me, right?

My actual plan is to move my scanning onto a newer box (already well along)
and use this box only for outbound mail and web hosting, removing
MailScanner entirely.

Van

Kevin Spicer wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 08:40, G. Armour Van Horn wrote:
>
> >I suspect that I'm throttled by my 768K DSL, but the machine couldn't
> >handle
> >a lot more based on the LA.
>
> Hmmm, is the LA caused by processes waiting on I/O or processor?  If its
> I/O then try sticking the MailScanner incoming directory in tmpfs (if
> you've not done so already)
>
> BMRB International
> http://www.bmrb.co.uk
> +44 (0)20 8566 5000
> This message (and any attachment) is intended only for the
> recipient and may contain confidential and/or privileged
> material.  If you have received this in error, please contact the
> sender and delete this message immediately.  Disclosure, copying
> or other action taken in respect of this email or in
> reliance on it is prohibited.  BMRB International Limited
> accepts no liability in relation to any personal emails, or
> content of any email which does not directly relate to our
> business.

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,