Real Expectations..

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Tue Sep 9 20:49:00 IST 2003

Last I looked, it was impossible to whitelist for viruses, I think I have
myself whitelisted for spam.

This morning the text version was 5K and the HTML version was 8K, so they
aren't particularly short. They are individually sent, not so much for
personalization but so that I can include the recipient's address in the
text so I can correctly handle bounces.

Van

Kevin Spicer wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 09:24, Antony Stone wrote:
>
> >These Quote of the Day emails are going to be quite short (I hope!) in
> >comparison to the "average" email coming in or going out through a
> >normal
> >system, they won't have any attachments which need unpacking or virus
> >scanning, and the spam check is going to be pretty trivial too.
>
> Especially if you whitelist outgoing mail for spam checks, you could
> even whitelist the address that send these messages for virus checks too
> (by using a ruleset).  Presumably you already address each copy of the
> email to a batch of recipients rather than firing a single message for
> each recipient (or are the messages personalised?)
>
> BMRB International
> http://www.bmrb.co.uk
> +44 (0)20 8566 5000
> This message (and any attachment) is intended only for the
> recipient and may contain confidential and/or privileged
> material.  If you have received this in error, please contact the
> sender and delete this message immediately.  Disclosure, copying
> or other action taken in respect of this email or in
> reliance on it is prohibited.  BMRB International Limited
> accepts no liability in relation to any personal emails, or
> content of any email which does not directly relate to our
> business.

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,