MailWatch for MailScanner 0.3 Beta Install Problems

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Mon Sep 8 22:38:48 IST 2003

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Steve Freegard wrote:

> Hi Gerry,
>
> Answers to your points:
>
> 1) This is an error on my part when I did the export from CVS and created
> the package - status.php should be a link to index.php.
> You can create this by doing: ln -s status.php index.php from the
> mailscanner directory.

Yep!  That fixed it.

> 2) The passwords for MySQL and the MailWatch authentication are completely
> seperate.  From MySQL I suggest you try:
>
> UPDATE users SET password=md5('<<password here>>') WHERE username='gerry';
>
> and try again.

I had set up Apache to only use SSL.  I'm far from an Apache expert but
whatever I did ended up requiring the users table passwords to match the
passwords I had set in Apache.  I'm asked for the Apache password and it
goes straight through the MailWatch password screen now that I've set them
the same.

Thanks for your help!

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer