MailWatch for MailScanner 0.3 Beta Install Problems

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Mon Sep 8 21:12:10 IST 2003

Hi Gerry,

Answers to your points:

1) This is an error on my part when I did the export from CVS and created
the package - status.php should be a link to index.php.
You can create this by doing: ln -s status.php index.php from the
mailscanner directory.

2) The passwords for MySQL and the MailWatch authentication are completely
seperate.  From MySQL I suggest you try:

UPDATE users SET password=md5('<<password here>>') WHERE username='gerry';

and try again.

3) You can only select one virus scanner and you should pick the scanner you
have the most confidence in.

There isn't any benefit of trying to use more than one scanner - it's only
used for reporting, and using more than one may cause this to become
inaccurate due to some virus vendors giving the same virus different
names...

>>> Nice job!

Thanks!

Kind regards,