Spamassain

Vernon Webb vernon at COMP-WIZ.COM
Sat Sep 6 18:26:43 IST 2003

> You don't say which MTA you're using.  If you use an MTA that runs as a
> user other than root make sure that user has a real home directory (SA
> writes into the home directory of the user that calls it).

I'm running sendmail on a RedHat 9.0 Box

> How did you install SA?  tar/ rpm / CPAN?

Using the rpm.

> If you did it any other way than from the tarball uninstall and build
> the tarball.  Make sure make test works (warning, it takes forever!) -
> don't worry if the spamd tests fail.

That was the first thing I tried and when I used the Makefile.PL I got the following error:

Warning: I could not locate your pod2man program. Please make sure,
         your pod2man program is in your PATH before you execute 'make'

When I attempted a lookup of these problem on Google I found that the Perl uses something or other that needed to be changed in /etc/sysconfig/i18n from LANG="en_US.UTF-8" to LANG="en_US" but this did not help at all. So I'm unable to install from the tarball.