support for SpamAssassin user_scores_dsn

Marc Delisle DelislMa at COLLEGESHERBROOKE.QC.CA
Sat Sep 6 13:50:43 IST 2003

Kevin Spicer a écrit:
> On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 22:24, Marc Delisle wrote:
>

>>In this database I have per-user preferences about "required_hits".
>>Maybe MailScanner is not sending spamassassin the username
>>to do the lookup?
>

> MailScanner doesn't know the username, it only knows the email address
> and has no concept of whether the address relates to a user on the
> current machine (thats left to sendmail's rulesets).  Also remember
> (unless you've configured otherwise) MailScanner processes incoming mail
> as is, therefore you will often get one mail addressed to several
> recipients which only goes through MS and SA once.  If you want to do
> per-user stuff with SA you'll need to run it through procmail instead,
> which takes effect at the local delivery stage when the mail has been
> split by recipient.
>
> If its only scores you want to check you could write a procmail recipe
> that checks the X-MailScanner-SpamScore header (if necessary processing
> each mail through a small script which looks up the score in your
> database).

Thanks Kevin,

I just noticed in http://au2.spamassassin.org/full/2.5x/dist/sql/README
that "you must be running spamc/spamd in order for this to work".

I understand that sometimes there are several recipients, however in practice
most often there is one recipient, and I can relate this recipient to
a local user, so per-user stuff was useful for me before I started using
MailScanner (I used spamd and a milter).

I would have preferred not having to learn procmail (I would have to
code the lookup and the headers rewriting) and instead rely on
MailScanner (which maybe could talk to spamd, is this planned? ).

Marc Delisle