support for SpamAssassin user_scores_dsn

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Fri Sep 5 23:07:15 IST 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 22:24, Marc Delisle wrote:

>In this database I have per-user preferences about "required_hits".
>Maybe MailScanner is not sending spamassassin the username
>to do the lookup?

MailScanner doesn't know the username, it only knows the email address
and has no concept of whether the address relates to a user on the
current machine (thats left to sendmail's rulesets).  Also remember
(unless you've configured otherwise) MailScanner processes incoming mail
as is, therefore you will often get one mail addressed to several
recipients which only goes through MS and SA once.  If you want to do
per-user stuff with SA you'll need to run it through procmail instead,
which takes effect at the local delivery stage when the mail has been
split by recipient.

If its only scores you want to check you could write a procmail recipe
that checks the X-MailScanner-SpamScore header (if necessary processing
each mail through a small script which looks up the score in your
database).

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000