ANNOUNCE: MailWatch for MailScanner 0.3 Beta

Miguel Koren O'Brien de Lacy miguelk at KONSULTEX.COM.BR
Fri Sep 5 16:37:04 IST 2003

David;

I haven't see MailWatch and I plan to try it. This is advice based on my
experience with other web systems. I found that if you use 'localhost'
for the dbname if dns is not ok on the machine this fails. I suggest to
check that (host localhost) or try 127.0.0.1

Miguel

David Hooton wrote:

> Next upgrade question...
>
> I'm running the upgrade.php file and am getting the following error:
>

>  - AlwaysLookedUpLast ................................................ OK
>
> *** ERROR/WARNING SUMMARY ***
> Database connection failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through
> socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
> MailScanner.conf: SpamActions != store (=deliver)
> MailScanner.conf: HighScoringSpamActions != store (=deliver)
>

> Now I would normally think ok, MySQL is dead, but it's running.  My DB
> Name is mailwatch rather than mailscanner, but I can't seem to see the
> db name hardcoded in the php.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> David Hooton
> Senior Partner
> Platform Hosting
> 1300 85 HOST
> www.platformhosting.com

>   This message has been scanned for viruses and unsafe content by
>   Platform Mail Security
>
>   To report SPAM forward the message to:    spam at mailsecurity.net.au
>   To report incorrectly tagged messages: notspam at mailsecurity.net.au
>
>   Platform Mail Security                     www.mailsecurity.net.au
>   Platform Hosting                           www.platformhosting.com

Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.