Concerns...

Fri Sep 5 15:04:45 IST 2003

On Friday 05 September 2003 3:00 pm, Errol Neal wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can someone explain to me how a scenario like this would work...
>
> MailScanner begins to process a batch of 100 messages. It unpacks those
> messages say in /tmp in a directory 360.
> For some reason, I need to restart the MailScanner, possibly to make a
> config change or whatever however MailScanner is not finished processing
> those 100 messages it unpacked in the work directory. It is only say 20%
> done. Will MailScanner know that there are 80 messages waiting in the
> subdirectory 360 in its work directory?

No.

When you restart MailScanner it will find the batch of 100 unprocessed
messages and start processing them again.

Only messages which have been completely processed and removed from the input
queue will go unseen by MailScanner the secodn time around.

Regards,

Antony.

--

w-- O !M V+++(--) !PS !PE Y+ PGP+> t- tv@ b+++ DI++ D--- e++>+++ h++ r@? 5?