SV: MailScanner and Exchange

Anders Andersson, IT anders.andersson at LTKALMAR.SE
Fri Sep 5 00:50:43 IST 2003

As far as i know it doesnt sound like anything exchange would do... maybe if
you come up with a routing rule but I think it would skip that. That would
mean defeating the hole purpose of using that kind of database they use. I
guess in small invorment it would be ok but not if you wanna keep the
database afficient. The cheapest way to protect would probably be bying a
licence from CA. Cant compare to Antigen but at least you would have a
virusscanner running your exchange computer for about 100$ or so.
I cant say for exch2k but I doubt its possibel, dosnt sound like something
MS even would try to make possible, though I might be wrong.