Mail Not Routing, stuck in /var/spool/mqueue.in

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Sep 4 18:04:54 IST 2003

At 17:38 04/09/2003, you wrote:
>For me, it would not surprise me if the bayes database was corrupt.  I've
>used that box for many different tests.  I can wipe out the database.  But
>shouldn't MailScanner time out SpamAssassin if it takes too long?  I have
>
>SpamAssassin Timeout = 70
>Max SpamAssassin Timeouts = 20
>
>but MailScanner was hanging for hours.

Yes, the timeout should still happen. Also, I have found the bug in SA 2.55
that was causing this problem and it has been fixed in 2.60rc3.

As I advised earlier, please can you add some debugging messages (print
STDERR "blah blah blah\n";) to sub WorkForHours in /usr/sbin/MailScanner
and try running it in debug mode. That may help show which bit is running
slowly.