Mail Not Routing, stuck in /var/spool/mqueue.in

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Sep 4 16:45:06 IST 2003

I have just seen one of my servers hang, due to the Bayes database getting
corrupt. If I set "Debug = yes" and "Debug SpamAssassin = yes" then it
printed millions of error messages about a "partial write (number  of
665)". Presumably there was supposed to be a number before "of", which is
supposed to increment but doesn't. I switched off Bayes (use_bayes 0) to
work around the problem.

What's the chance there are some messages out there which are capable of
causing Bayes corruption due to them containing strange characters/strings?
Has anyone suffered this problem who is using SA 2.60rc3?

--
Julian Field