MailScanner+PostFix

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Sep 4 09:18:20 IST 2003

At 23:51 03/09/2003, you wrote:
>On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:19:35 +0100
>Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:
>
> > I would advise you look at Exim instead. Due to the structure of
> > Postfix, MailScanner has to do a heck of a lot more i/o than it does
> > when working with sendmail or Exim, so it's not very efficient. The
> > body of every message has to be copied between queues, as opposed to
> > just linked and deleted as it does with sendmail and Exim.
> >
> > Postfix has a (deservedly) good reputation, it's just that its
> > internal design doesn't fit with MailScanner very well.
>
>Is it fair to say that the duplicate mail problem with Postfix is
>unlikely to be resolved in the near future?

It's going to take a fair bit of analysis to find what's wrong, and I don't
have *any* free time at the moment, my day job
(http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~jkf/myjob.html) is really hectic at the moment
as we get everything organised for the students' arrival in a few weeks time.

Maybe some time in October I might have time.

--
Julian Field