Mailscanner and Warning Messages

Wed Sep 3 23:52:18 IST 2003

Hi!

> Am I correct in what I'm seeing?  When MailScanner creates the warning
> messages is it dropping the message into mqueue.in?  I've been watching
> queues and I was surprised to see them in mqueue.in since I would have
> thought it would drop them in mqueue.  If it's placed in mqueue.in
> wouldn't that be more work since mailscanner is scanning that message on
> the next pass?

Thats the way it works yes, pretty safe :) Julian, to avoid wasting
valuable resources would it be possible to make it configurable where to
place them ? In the outgoing queue would be better. But on the other hand
i can imagine you dont want to write the message itself but let a local
process handle that. Since queue files differ for each mailer.

Bye,
Raymond.