Mail Not Routing, stuck in /var/spool/mqueue.in

lester lasad llasad1 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Sep 3 08:58:31 IST 2003

Kevin,
To be honest all I have ever used is mailscanner, I am not famaliar with configuring sendmail on it's own.  I have been at this all night with no luck.  I have restarted MS many times with minimal success.  I have tried changing my routing table to route to a different internal server to verify it's not a problem with the host I normally connect with and have the same problems.  This is very frustrating, I've got about 2000 message still stuck in the queue, they are getting delivered but at a very slow rate.  Users don't like to see email from customers that are 2 days late.  If you have any more suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

"Spicer, Kevin" <Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK> wrote:
lester lasad wrote:
> Kevin,
> I took your suggestion and all new mail seems to be coming in OK, the
> problem is that I copied one of the emails out of mqueue.in into
> mqueue but it does not route. It's just stuck, all other new mail
> that comes in routes with no problems. any suggestions?

Do you have both df and qf files for that? Maybe the mail itself is what has caused your problem?

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
material. If you have received this in error, please contact the
sender and delete this message immediately. Disclosure, copying
reliance on it is prohibited. BMRB International Limited
business.