Mail Not Routing, stuck in /var/spool/mqueue.in

Kris Zabriskie zabriskw at ITECH.NET
Tue Sep 2 22:21:49 IST 2003

Keep going!  It eventually will kick off again.  If you tail the log, you will notice (if you experiencing the same problem I have), that MailScanner will grab a handful of mail (like 100 messages), and nothing is done with them.  If you see the RBLs going, then you know it is working, or if it is passing it off to SA (if it is being ran).  Check in mqueue.in and see if there is a core dump file.  I noticed one on mine.  Blow it away.  I have no idea what it does, but it was huge and I wanted it out of there.  The only thing I can tell ya is, dont answer the phone (people will start complaining) and just keep restarting MS.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: lester lasad
  To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
  Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 5:16 PM
  Subject: Re: Mail Not Routing, stuck in /var/spool/mqueue.in

  It seems to be kicking in after restarting MS a few times, but it seems to stop after about a few minutes.  I have been restarting but this can't be the solution.  Thanks for the suggestions.

  Kris Zabriskie <zabriskw at ITECH.NET> wrote:
    I have rebooted numerous times, and it will not fix it.  Keep restarting MailScanner.  EVENTUALLY it will kick in.  No telling how may times though.